Saturday, September 11, 2010

Faith Strengthens Intelligence






Have you seen the pictures? Have you seen the pretty people with me? Those people are my INSPIRATION. They could make me travel back and forth from City to Province just be with them. They are ones who could take me out of reality even for awhile. They are the ones who could make me smile everytime. They proved that friendship never fades with time and age. It's a strong bond that could only be broken if the ones who made it decided to break it.

Every September 8, I am bound to go to Bulacan to celebrate the Blessed Mother's birthday; celebrate it with my CdSP family. Last year (2009), I was so motivated to go to the event and ready to cut classes and break some rules just to go there. This year (2010), my enthusiasm decreased since I thought there would be classes and quizzes the next day. I knew that Mama Mary would help me, and guess what...she did. Our classes were cut half-day so I could be able to go to Bulacan for the party. I know that my faith isn't the same as of before. The world is eating me and studies are slowly consuming my conscience. And so my motivation to go decreased, for I fear the world too much. I had a quiz the next day and I decided to study it when I get back to Manila after the party (too risky). I believed that if decided not to go, I will be able to study well and not be extremely exhausted for the following day. But because of my beloved batchmates, they gave me reason to go and made me believe that *"FAITH STRENGTHENS INTELLIGENCE." What if I decided to study? Would that be enough to save me from the gallows of 2nd year College? Well, NO. Of course, it takes FAITH much more than most. Now, I'm beginning to believe that I wouldn't be losing my religion *laughs*. I almost forgot that my faith is fortified by Philomenian values, it's not that fragile. Believe me. The sacrifice was all worth it, or as I think it was. It feels good to have the people you long held close be by your side once again. It feels great to sacrifice. I feels great to take chances, and wait for the results...believing EVERYTHING is worth every WAIT.


I love you guys! You know who you are...Thank you for inspiring me and saving me from the world!


* this is what I wrote in my text to Janina confirming that I would go to the September 8 event.


-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment