Friday, March 9, 2012

Destined to bloom again

My favorite perennial that grew from an exquisite seed,
With an imperfect supply of warm weather and water;
I always knew you could still grow.
As you strive to push yourself up the ground,
And even nurture thorns for protection;
I always knew you could struggle the altering seasons.
You have been a delicate bud shielded by intricate sepals for a long time
-- a reluctant flower not yet ready to bloom.
I always knew you’d blossom.
When you decided not to confront the demands of time,
And let yourself wither for naught;
I always knew you could still thrive for living.
When you thought you ought to surrender your scent to the world,
And when you thought you were ready to let your petals fall off;
I always knew you could still make yourself intact.
Never forget to remember that you’re a special flower;
You can bloom over spring and summer...
Die out when winter comes.
Don’t worry, spring will return...
You always have an opportunity to renew yourself,
And bloom once again.

For a friend I'll surely miss...see you SOON. Please be fine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment