Saturday, August 18, 2012

Confessions of the Socially Awkward: The Flipside of Bullying


Like any average girl with a little more above the average intelligence quotient, I had/have been a subject of bullying. I could remember my elementary days, when students older than I used to call me names or trap me in a corner asking random questions about my life.  Upon further analysis of the previously awkward situation I was once in got me thinking about the pros of being 'cute' and the cons of being 'small'.

When I reached high school, my experience of being bullied got worse. Well, especially during freshmen year. I could remember my classmates who grabbed my head like a basketball just because they were taller than me, and they just felt like doing it. Everybody seemed it was alright with me...but little did they know, that I was already mentally cursing everyone back then. What could I do? I couldn't like, stop them for being Air Jordan fanatics; that's all they've got...just air inside their heads: no more, no less. And yeah, I remembered this girl who bad-mouthed me and pulled my skirt up up in the air just for fun. I just didn't care =)) it's in her nature already.

I'm like this, not because of them. 
I cannot  put a blame on my bullies for the person I am today. 

Blame them for their broken homes?
Blame them for their fucked up lives?
Blame them for their gender split?
or simply, judge their bitter past.

They had their history.

Well, I think blaming and judging is so overrated. Can we all just move forward?

And yes, I am much of a bully today too =))

In my case, bullying's not an emotional trauma. Well, I guess it's just a part of growing up.

They wasted their lives picking up on me. I'm not gonna waste any time just to bully them in return.
They could set fire a million insults. And I'm not gonna waste any time just to feel insulted.

Someday, I'll be that great person while they're still gonna be their same old shit.

NOTE:

This post was a result of a terrible dream I had. I guess my unconscious wanted to deal with repressed bitter memories in enigmatic retrospect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment