Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tondo Medical Mission No.1


July 21, 2012



I went to a Medical Mission together with my sister at Tondo, Manila. Actually, I'm not a Med student (yet). But if you want to make a difference, start with a little commitment and a little dose of right decisions. My sister picked me up at UST very early in the morning. It was raining very hard, and my umbrella almost died :(


My sister said that we should eat breakfast before going to Tondo. She bought food and we ate breakfast inside the car. 


"Ganyan talaga pag-doctor...sa kotse ka na titira, mabilisang pagkain, puyat palagi pero handa pa ring tumulong."


When we reached Tondo, we stayed first in her clinic. Almost all the streets were flooded already! The rain got worse and poured like an angry Poseidon. 


"Ano, kaya mo ba pumunta sa covered court ng ganyan?"


* * *


I ventured through the flooded streets with my brother-in-law, and we successfully reached the covered court near the pier. Still, hundreds of people attended the Medical Mission. 


There were a lot of doctors still willing to cross the "sea" just to help. And I'm proud to say that my sister's one of them :)

2 comments:

  1. Some day, if you will it, you will be one of those doctors who are stilling willing to cross the 'sea' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be one of them too :) I'm sure of that.
    Thank you for not giving up on me!

    ReplyDelete