Sunday, December 19, 2010

I didn't change my profile pic into a cartoon

I read my brother's blog about the movement that marked Facebook history--the movement against child violence by changing your profile picture into a cartoon character. I got inspired by my brother's blog post. He really had a point in his post, and we share that same point. Almost all people in my contacts changed their pictures. I didn't change mine, and I wasn't trying to be unique. I didn't feel like it was a good thing to do. I'm not a pro-child violence. I just think that nothing would change if I participated---if many people participated. We should be more concrete if would really like to help; not just participate abstractly in such somewhat, stupid actions (no offense to the people who changed their pictures).

Many were asking why I didn't want to change my profile pic. Some people even labeled me as a rebel and an evil person. I don't really care if I look different and my perspective couldn't conform to the majority's.

What's the bottomline?

Make a real move, don't be just part of a mass movement. We are not machines, we are real helpful beings.

-S.Reyes

"No actual child is saved, no violence is prevented. Child violence is condemned only on paper, or rather in kilobytes." (c)T.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment