Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Challenge



I guess I'd been pretty challenged this year 2010...


(1) Challenged to make a good year ender post;
(2) Challenged to reach goals alongside desires that withered my heart;
(3) Challenged by hardcore studies that bombarded my intellect;
(4) Challenged friendships were evident this year too;
(5) Challenged my patience by irritating people both near and far from me;
(6) Challenged physically by fatigue;
(7) Challenged my faith;
(8) Challenged by surprises and making surprises happen;
(9) Challenged creatively;
And to make it (10),
I was challenged to be challenged.


(1) Making a year ender post helps you evaluate and remember what happened throughout the year. It helps me look back to what had happened which I want to repeat and want to forget. This is a great challenged for me because YOU will (are) reading this. I know I counldn't equal the value of my last year's Year ender post, but I'm trying my best to make this one unique; for I want to be more challenged next year 2011.


(2) Of course, I failed to meet some goals I set for this year. This year has been limited...but thank God! He gave me another year to reach my goals. Some of my aspirations were trashed--thrown away to the vast ocean. But that didn't make me less of a person...they're just my dreams--I could always dream for a new one. God may have given us limited time, but He gave us unlimited chances and a perfect time to shine.


(3) Oh yes, Second year of college is tough (I'd be laughing at this when I get older) . I successfully made it this far already so there's no holding back. Actually, I'm still not sure of what career I want...I don't want to be pressured by the future so I focus on what I have for NOW. I wouldn't endure some trials in 2nd year college if it weren't for this GORGEOUS people:


from the left: Faye Rayos, Luz Reyes, Maki Capalungan, Issa D'Bayan, Sam Reyes (me), and JR Bulanadi


Second year wouldn't be fun without you guys! :*


(4) I experienced some backstabbing this year but I don't care much about it now.  I wouldn't trade any friendship for some slightly broken trust, lies, and secrets. I may have lost some trust to some people but it doesn't mean there's no trust left. I'm a huge fan of second chances, and so I give. I also experienced making a friend choose between me and other people. I wasn't chosen, but I hold no grudge. Sometimes, people need to choose only one. If you're not chosen, don't feel bad. At least you've been considered as an option of a hard decision.


Well, there were a lot of happy friendship times this year too. But you know, some people will really do something to alter a good bond. I don't care about them, for I believe that as long as I have my friends with me--we're UNBREAKABLE.


from the left: Ikee Gonzales, Janina Mercado, Sam Reyes (me), and Michelle Santos


(5) I improved my patience and annoying people-resistance this year. Congratualtions to me! I've been pretty in control of my temper thanks to those who consistenly calms through blood-pressure-boiling-point times. It feels good to keep it CALM.


(6) I'm a healthy person even if it's not evident in my body type. Well, I caught some common sickness but nothing serious for this year. I experienced some fatigues since I sometimes overuse my body and make my energy level go down to zero. 

(7) This is controversial and I want to avoid this issue. To make things clear: I am not losing my RELIGION, for those people who think I am. I frequently fail to attend Sunday Mass obligation this past few months before the year ends. I don't want it to be a habit; I don't want to be immune of this stupid negligences and laziness, so HELP ME GOD. I don't want to let the world eat my conscience and devour my faith. I want to help myself...I WILL HELP MYSELF. Cheers to my motivation!


(8) I was greatly surprised this year, especially in my 18th birthday! The people I think who wouldn't be there for me, was there with all their support and love. THANK YOU <3 I tried to make surprises happen this year too. I hope I surprised THEM. I'm not good in planning surprises, I also lack the effort and motivation to do it...but those people were really important, that made me contradict all the negative things I said about myself several words ago. 


(9) I was able to explore the artistic side of me this year; whether in pencil, words, or music. Thanks to those people who was so encouraging and supportive! To name a few, thanks to: Janina Mercado, Faye Rayos, and JR Bulanadi.


(10) This last number is for the one who challenged me before the year ends and another year to start. I did what YOU said that I should do on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. And I will finish your CHALLENGE later (New Year). You deserved to be acknowledged. You're the reason for this blog evaluation, the reason that made me think back through time, the reason behind every word in this blog, the reason who keeps me going and moving forward throughout the year, and the reason behind my genuine SMILES. 


That incredible friend is the LOST PRETTY DEVIL IN THE CROWD who made me smile behind the lens of my camera (;D)




-S.Reyes

3 comments:

  1. aww you that devil in the crowd cry in glee ;')) she says that she's thankful for everything you've done and every moment you've spent with her.

    Dream big my dear, you'll go far.

    Happy New Year!

    To me, the challenge is well accomplished already :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT CAN I SAY? *SPEECHLESS*

    UP HERE, SAM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janina, NUMBER 7!!! very controversial talaga.

    ReplyDelete