Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shading Janina





Janina Mercado requested that I should make her a self-portrait. It took me some time to start the request project. I’m not quite good in shading my drawings but I really exerted effort to make her request look good. =))

I found a hard time looking for the perfect picture that could match my present skills. Well, I decided to draw her present display picture in Facebook. I converted her image into monochrome so it would be easier for me to balance the shades using my 6B pencil. We don’t have paper at home asdfghjkl!?!?! so I searched my school folders for a scratch paper =))))))))))) sorry Janina. I folded the 1 whole short bond paper that I found into half. Then, I started drawing to outline.

I forgot where I placed my drafting board so I just used my THICK Zoo Book. =)) My study table was filled with trash and random ‘kalat’ so I worked on my bed (coverless bed). Every morning siyang nahuhubaran =))

When I was in the shading process, I decided to go downstairs to get some baby flo cotton buds (the best) for better results. Voila! It’s almost finished! =)) I found it very complex in drawing Janina’s mouth because the picture was so small :| so I paused until that part. It’s fine without the mouth naman. =))

If you have some drawing requests, you could e-mail me. :> Huwag PLEASE yung mahirap. Carry ng powers ko pag simple Manga, caricature, and figures lang. Pag self-portrait, magkakamatayan tayo! =)) still in the learning process don. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment