Friday, November 19, 2010

Pencil Case


I lost my Nike pencil case yesterday (November 18, 2010). I wasn't sure where I lost it and I was too depressed to think what to do next. I was occupied and busy about classes and school works the whole day; So I failed to notice something valuable was missing.I've been using that pencil case since like, Highschool. My pencil case and I shared countless experiences and memories even time or money can't buy. You might think that it's just a typical pencil case, but it's NOT. It was given by my Mom and it's worth 700 pesos in all Nike outlets nationwide (orginal, indeed). Of course, it's not really practical to buy such an expensive pencil case. Mom told me that the best only deserves the best too. I was grateful for being given the best gift from the best person in my life.

I decided to look for it the next day, hoping I would be lucky enough to find it again. I went to school early to check on my classrooms yesterday.

I FOUND IT!

I guess I would be spending my succeeding student years with my Nike pencil case buddy. By this simple event that really affected me, I learned some interesting FACTS ABOUT LIFE:

1. You'll never look for something until it's missing.
2. You wouldn't be much affected if you don't really care about something.
3. We often realize the significance of something when it's already a memory.
4. We often overlook the people or things that we thought would be always THERE.
5. Sometimes,small things have the biggest worth.

These FACTS make us all feel stupid about ourselves. But one good thing about these facts:

"They remind us to HOLD ON to people/things that have both great and minimal importance in our life."

-Sam Reyes

2 comments:

  1. Hello ate shari! I wasn't expecting na pati ikaw mababasa to =)) thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete