Friday, November 26, 2010

Star (Falling Star)

Star

I watched you shimmer, streak, and die before my eyes.
Looking at you up above,
while my feet on the ground.
My eyes on yours,
while I'm nowhere to be found.
I've never made a wish I've expected to come true
But maybe this time I would,
because I'm wishing for you.


Falling Star

When I look above,
my eyes fixed on you.
I wait for you to came,
to make my dreams come true.
You said you'll shine,
shimmer only in front of my eyes;
But you dim together with all your lies.
my life got fixated;
As my hopes flickered,died,disappeared and collapsed with you.
My wishes still followed you very far...
Like a lost F
A
L
L
I
N
G
STAR.


-S.Reyes

*these poems were written in two different times. I put these two together to show everyone that 1 word could change everything. As you see, in the first poem (Star), everything seems to be positive. Then, in the second poem...I added only a word in the title (falling) and it turned to the opposite mood of the first poem.

A word could change EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment