Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

Everything and everyone seems to change abruptly now. The transition is too fast that I could've ever notice the transformation. Time is really a good changer. It makes people never notice how everything changes when they feel they're still the same. How I'd wish to go back, put the conversions in slow-mo or maybe at STOP.

Mom and I used to go early at the cemetery every November 1. It was a tradition for us to pray the rosary together, wait for daddy and the rest of the family to arrive in the afternoon. Even though we wait too long for the others to come, we wouldn't get bored because we had each other. Mom and I used to talk the whole day, eat together, and give mean comments on passers-by. It's sad to lose a tradition you have for years; but it's harder to try to accept the sudden change.

I always asked Mom why do we have to go early and stay at the cemetery all day long. She said that she loved her mother and father so much; and giving a day for them wasn't enough compared to the years of happiness they gave to her.

I'm really SAD. I keep remembering that I used to sit next to Mom every Halloween; Now, all I could feel is her engraved name next to me. Of course, I know Mommy wouldn't be happy seeing me like this. But Mom, I couldn't help it for i love you too; and giving you this day would never be enough for the 15 years of genuine happiness you gave me.

:')

-S.Reyes

2 comments: