Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Graduation--Batch '09

Have you been happy and sad at the same time? It is really possible to feel these two feelings because it is something that happened to more than a month ago, when I graduated from high school.

Before a far-away dream...

As time goes on, things get better...Our time together enjoyed, never thought that it would end. The day has come our lives have changed. New places to work; it is time to part our ways. We'll see each other sometime soon. I shall treasure all the time and memories that we shared.

Alma maters nourish more than minds. Maybe we'll forget much that we learned from the school.

Graduation is a time for feeling very proud , for remembering achievements and saying them out loud. Graduation day is the climax of a dream. This is a joyful event after many years we had to wait. Graduation is a deserving, hard-earned goal.

I dreamed.

Everybody has dreams and goals. For some people , they might never come true. But I believve if you work hard enough on them, they will eventually will come true someday. I have lots of dreams and goals. Somedays I don't work hard enough on them to try and make them come true. But I have decided to find time everyday and work hard to make them come.

I dream out my fears, hoping that reality is near.
I dream about aiming higher to grasp my desires.
I dream of ways to inspire myself.
I dream about the impossible and how to enable it without the obvious obstacles.

Dreams come true..OH! yes they do.

Well, it was finally here--the moment we'd all been waiting for. I didn't know about you, but I was awfully excited. It was almost unbearable, but for some reason there was a part of you and me that didn't want to let go. We were extremely jubilant beause we were finally moving on, but we couldn't help ourselves from reminiscing about how much we'll miss every thing we had at CdSP now that it was gone. And amybe you were having some regrets too. Perhaps you could have tried a little harder or been a little friendlier , the high school would have these thoughts but we must not dwell on them. We must learn from our mistakes and apply what we've learned (cliche/ haha. lagi naman ganito weh). There were an infinite amount of opportunities in life, and our lives had just begun. We had some great times at CdSp but let's not let them be the best times of our lives.

Yet one of the greatest legacies this class left behind (ayown, third!!!!!!) was that of tolerance and diversity (nosebleed) ; Class of 2009, I realize now that every moment I spent at CdSP was because I always wantd to be with you.

Graduation day is a day to mark a tremendous accomplishment. You could not have come to this day without a lot of hard work, potfolios, researches, and term papers (awww, dani gravs!). There may have been days when you felt that you could not continue, and yet you did. The moment when you are called up to the stage to receive your diploma , in your red cap and gown, is a moment to savor. You could not lose what has now been given to you. Whether it is a high school, college, or doctoral diploma (I wish) , that achievement will be yours forever.

I hate goodbyes. It amkes me realize that every beginning will always have an ending.

I am a Philomenian.

We are Philomenians.

I love you Seniors '09!

(i know you loved me back)


Now, a reality.

*ngayon ko lang natapos tong post na to...grabeh...ang tagal ko na tong imumpisahan. haha


-S.Reyes

3 comments: