Friday, April 24, 2009

Confusion--a Rainy day Reaction

Did you ever wonder sometimes, why you are here?
What mistakes have you made in life?
what did you do wrong that screwed up you "original Plan" in life?

when we're little, we think our lives will be one way--
"I'm gonna be a teacher", or "I'm gonna be a doctor".
"I'm gonna be a lawyer", or "I'm gonna be a chef".

Does anyone's life really turn out the way they thought it would?
Does anyone really want it to?

When we're young, we don't know everything there is to know about being a grown-up.
Some grown-ups still don't know.
But I think sometimes as life goes on, we forget what we thought of when we were little. Due to loss of innocence, perhaps, or just maturity. we forget the happiness at the littlest things. We forget wanting to be helpful to everyone, wanting to have lots of friends. The " I will be a doctor someday to help people in need" undying line.

We forget the "best friends forever" vows, and we move on. We lost touch, or we drift apart. We grow up and become different people. Sometimes it happens quickly. Sometimes it takes years.

MOving on comes in many forms : Death, break-ups, growing-up, etc. What happens when one person moves on, and is afraid to tell the other?
Afraid to lose a friendship, afraid to lose people who have meant so much at least at one or another--and have the worst thought about them?

There somes a time when you have to move on, no matter what the consequence. Move on or die. Sometimes you can just muddle through anymore. So, What's up with leaving a friend and just waiting for the problem to fade away?

I'm moving on, finally. Trying to.
Sometimes I'm really happy and I do really, really well. Avoiding is hard to do, but I'm finally being good at it. I'm gonna leave you for awhile until everything goes back the way it was. Other times I argue with myself to what have I dine...and ..."Is this the right thing?"

Yes. It is.

*I was thinking what to write, and I finally got the words I needed for this post. Rainy days are boring, but it helps you think a lot.

-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment