Friday, April 24, 2009

Dawn: A Poem Inspired by a Vampire...


Blackness cloaks me in eternal night.
My lips bleed, red ruby drops of blood
that I drank from an unsuspecting mortal.
My hair is a shadow, my eyes, two fathomless
pools of deep regret and longing, for something
that I can no longer feel.

Dawn approaches now and my night is spent.
But before I retreat to the dark solitude of
my unearthly crept, I place my hand on the
window pane and feel the first sharp stings
of sunlight, ripping my flesh like a giant
golden scorpion.

Did I cry? I'm not sure,
but I go now. Leaving the day as I once found
it. Beautiful, like a lost and mysterious desert
of old that I may only read about in books
or die for an eternity, burning in its light...

If only to feel the warmth on my face,
for one second longer...

~I just found this poem.

~I loved it, so I wanted to share this to you. :)

-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment