Thursday, April 1, 2010

Best Friend's Day


A wonderful day could end up unpleasant after all.


I had an overnight at Ikee's place since my dormates went home in Bulacan. I was left alone in the dorm and glady, I was invited to a sleepover at Ikee's place. It was just a day after her birthday (January 26). The night started out great. I fetch her in school and she bought me a drink for pasalubong---that was really surprising. We ate dinner together, watched a movie together, and drooled over Heath Ledger together. And so I thought, being with her was not that bad after all (Peace Ikee). I enjoyed the meal, conversations with Lola Nelda, and Ikee as well.


In the morning, together we ate breakfast and we spent a very long time talking together. It was really unsual in the way we talked. I mean, the conversations were of all about college, after college, family, and DREAMS. I found out that, we have the same goal but we take it in a personally different way. She took a bath, while I read her Medical Technology course outline. I felt confused, thinking that Ikee and I supposed to be taking the same course---but not, for I chose another. It was really hard deciding between Medical Technology and Psychology. It bothers me until now, envisioning myself different from what I am now.


So, she accompanied me to my dorm so I could take a bath because I forgot to bring clothes. While I was taking a bath, she did her English homework. Well, i helped her finished that. I treated her Starbucks while we wait for Michelle. We planned a movie date for us 4 friends, Ikee's treat (a birthday aftershock), too bad Janina couldn't come.


We went to SM San Lazaro to watch a Jackie Chan movie. Oh yes, action!!! hiyaah! I paid Michelle and Ikee's local transportation fee (ako nagbayad sa jeep). Michelle went home early. Ikee and I was supposed to attend mass in the afternoon; But both of us had a change of heart. We went back to Pacific Suites so she could pee and I volunteered to accompany her home.

She ignored me and she decided to go home by herself. Well, I wouldn't let her because I promised to Lola Nelda that I wouldn't leave her. She tried to runaway, but I still managed to follow her. We weren't talking anymore and the awkwardness was getting harder. When I saw Lola Nelda nearby, I bade farewell to both of them and heard not a single reply from Ikee. I knew it, she was mad at me. Mad of me being nice to accompany her home. Sometimes, she wants to be alone. Don't mess with her when she wants to be independent :D


Later at night, I couldn't study. I was really bothered to what happened. I received a text message:


"I'm not mad. I was pissed, but im ok now :-D"


I replied:


" I know :) we're good "


As you see guys, a wonderful event could be unsuccessful, but in the end it remains wonderful. It's not really about the decisions that makes us happy--It's about Patience. If I fused up, you could just wait for me to calm down...the same applied to others.


-S.Reyes



No comments:

Post a Comment