Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Long Summer Day

Well, honestly...I wasn't supposed to blog for this day because I'm so tired of

EVERYTHING--Yes, EVERYTHING. I had a long day and it turned good despite the 'obstacles' i went through. Going back to the 'I wasn't supposed to blog for this day', I read Kuya Tony's blog posts; Actually, I'm a big fan of his blogs that made me write a blog even though I'm too tired to do it.


I woke up at 5am; a thiry-minute preparation for my enrollment for summer classes. I picked up Charis at their house at 5:30am, as the date was set.


Together we went to the Bus Stop to catch our ride. We spent almost an hour waiting for a ride. We rode together with Ate Jhai and Gelo in a 'to Gracepark' van. I was really worried about going home in the afternoon because Charis wouldn't be accompanying me.


When I arrived at UST, I decided to proceed with my Summer Class enrollment before I get Ikee's clearance. Well, my enrollment was schedule at 7:30 am while Ikee's clearance release was at 8:30 am. I thought I would be finished in enrollment before the clearance release that was why I attended to it first. I filled up the form then I fell in line for the confirmation. Tick-tock, tick-tock...I wasted a lot of time falling in line without any progress. Then, I asked my blocmates to save my spot in the line so I could go upstairs and get Ikee's clearance.


[8:30am]


I had a hard time looking for the room assigned for Ikee's clearance. I almost circled the whole fourth floor, looking Lab-to-Lab. My time was running out, and I had to go back in line for my confirmation. I felt like torn between sacrifice and freedom. But, I decided to go to Charis' assigned lab so she could assist me to Ikee's lab. I still went for Ikee's clearance, not thinking of the 'benefits'.


When I entered Lab 8, almost everyone in the room was silenced and observed me as I made my way in. I was not surprised by their reactions. Well, of course, I felt weird...But I think they felt weirder than I do. Imagine, a Science student in a Pharmacy clearance room...Even though, our uniforms are much alike (not to mention the all-white gig) and 'lamang lang kami ng pockets!'


I asked the person in charged on giving the clearance. She said she'd first finish up the students in line properly before she attends to me. I waited inside, alone in a corner of room. But thank God that Angelique and Charis accompanied me. That made me less nervous and all...I kept talking to Angelique and kept telling her how 'HOT' and 'SEXY' she was; Just to ease the tension, kidding here! :))


I went through some procedures before I finally got Ikee's clearance. I was asked why I'd be the one to claim it, and all I did was present the letter and said, 'that explains it all' (plus my charms). The lady smiled then she asked me Ikee's section and let me sign beside her name. She handed me the clearance and finally,..., I was relieved. I hurriedly thanked the lady, Charis, and Angelique and dashed through the stairs to my enrollment encoding.


The line for the encoding moved-not. Dang! and we still had to go wait for long. We decided to eat lunch first because we knew that THIS will TAKE TIME. After lunch with my blockmates, we continued with our Summer enrollment procedure. Oh, BACK FROM THE START. Oh yes, there had been some problems regarding the steps and encoding so we had to start all over again.


After the encoding, we went outside the Main Building for our assessment of fees at the Tan Yankee. The line was worse, longer, and hotter there; humid, rather. I used my 'Ninja' skills so we could get ahead of the others. Oh yes, that was really mean and unjust. Sometimes ,you got to fight for your own survival even if includes getting on someone's way. We cheated our way to the assessment of fees, but still we're still a had a long way to go. We equally experienced the same heat but we were in advanced in the line. We fell in line for 4 hours that ate up the whole afternoon. Some were starting to give up, but nothing's gonna break my determination to finish the enrollment.


I worried about going home alone the whole afternoon because if ever, that would be my first time going home alone...since Charis was with her blockmates somewhere in Manila. When I finally entered the building (after a hundred of years falling in line outside), I swiftly did what had to be done (ang stupid nitong sentence). :)) Someone called out my name, "Sam!", I scanned through the nearby areas looking for that 'someone'. Whoa! it was Tita Annie (the MedTech in our hospital), finding her way to inquire about the entrance test for her child. I had enough of MT's that day...


[5:30pm, I finished the enrollment]


As soon as I finished all enrollment concerns, I ran to Pacific to get my things to finally go home. When I arrived and successfully opening the dorm, Charis was THERE. HALLELUJAH!?! saved by Charis, a safe ride home with company; and the rest was HISTORY. :)


[7:00pm, home sweet home]


I went through a very long day you see, and I wrote a very long blog too. Next time, favors are for SALE. >:) just kidding.


-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment