Friday, March 6, 2009

Graduation is Near-an SPVM 09 must read


I have long regarded graduation as a sort of liberation, a sign of freedom from the halls of CdSP, and the rules that come along with it. Visions of throwing caps and gowns into disarray used to ring my head, realizing that days of bell schedules, checking of grooming materials, surveying lates and absences, would be gone. I was never scared of graduation, never afraid of the freedom that it would bring me.

Now, as the actual day approaches, my thoughts of graduation have slightly changed. Suddenly, I no longer completely crave that freedom that I imagined and longed for. Instead, a tinge of fear resides in my head as I think of graduation day, thinking of the breaking up of the monotony and routine. In that endless routine that we had, day in and out, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., there was certainty and predictable procedure. Graduation will mark the end of this, and we will have to think outside of the schedules we have stood for four years.

We spent four years of our lives sitting within the corridors and walls of the school, dying to get out, but when that day approaches, the end seems a bit frightening. There is a future that holds everything or nothing. For the few weeks, I have looked into the mirror and stared with disbelief that I realized that I am a SENIOR. Perhaps I did not live my high school life just as I had imagined I would in fifth or sixth grade, but I lived it, nonetheless, and now here I am.

The liberation I used to crave is frightening because of its uncertainty, but it is also exciting because it brings new beginnings. I do not know if I am ready to take on the world, but I know that I will have to try. Graduation marks ends and beginnings all at the same time, and any way you put it, it is a day that I will remember forever.

Eselare Elevato,
(Soar High)
SPVM 09!

-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment