Thursday, March 12, 2009

How To Train an Elephant


"How to train an elephant." A simple passage that shows a deeper meaning. Everyone has been blessed by God. Many things in our lives may come and go; Some are as fleeting as sand castles on the shore. But like the ocean, our youth is the foundation and root of who we are and who we must be. We have to admit, we owed our parents a lot. When there are needs that need to be tended to, when there are feelings that need to be felt, and when there are smiles that simply need to be shared--they were here. The passage was right, we must know our limitations. We couldn't be a good leader, if we couldn't be a good follower. Since we knew what is right and what is wrong, why do we sometimes follow the wrong? We should be like the baby elephant; It learned from its youth. Sometimes, I feel like a gift that was given to my days to make sure that they would always have some happiness in them. More than once, I have felt that what I lack in life, I make up for by having my parents that I wouldn't trade for anything. Anytime. Anywhere. They have been my " STRONG STEEL STAKE." Whoever I am right now; even if sometimes I'm a mess and sometimes at my best; "Sam" wouldn't be "Sam" if my parents didn't train me to be Who I must be. Our youth becomes a passageway where even miles disappear. We must treasure our youth. -S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment