Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm Contemplative


Seven months ago, we decided to visit the Adoration Chapel everyday. We planned to walk our way to the Chapel for sacrifice. The adoration Chapel is the only place in town that has a place and time for silence. We prayed there after our classes in the afternoon. I pray but I don't use the words the preacher does...there are different things for different days, but mostly, I pray for Mom and for the college entrance exams. When I pray, the Chapel is still, my voice slow and deep. I shut my eyes to avoid distractions, the clock ticks loud, so quiet I must keep. Sometimes, my prayer gets very long and hard to understand. I can't remember all of it, I'm just a student, you see; but one thing I cannot forget, Jesus prays for me--that's why I passed U.S.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment