Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Clouded with Change

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about something a lot lately. It’s been on my mind.
When I look back on what’s occurring in my everyday life, I can’t help but find
that people change.

It’s so simple and true that we hardly notice it going on.
And I wonder why its always in with the new and out with the old. Sometimes it feels so wrong knowing that even I’ve changed in your eyes.

These hands still look the same to me
But I think it’s my conscience, I realize,
That has changed really.

As the leaves fall down and hit the ground
The air is crisp with the cloudy skies
The grass turns into a tanish brown
And I am left with the question… why?

I suppose its all for the good
That things change today.
Knowing that change would
Always bring something new our way.

So I hope you know I’m still just me inside myself trying to live on.
I’m growing up, but just believe, that change is nothing wrong.

I am me and you are you, simply.
Nothing can stop who we are and we embrace that fact wholeheartedly.
All we are is the greatest by far.

So let there be change. Let me grow.
I want to show you what I can do.
I want to lean everything there is to know and love you with this everlasting new.

In the blink of an eye it all falls apart,
It clouds your mind and shatters your heart,
It touches your soul and brings tears to your eyes.
It rips at your seams and severes your ties.

With a beat from the clock, the darkened skies clear,
It smiles down at you and ebbs all your fear.
It reaches out it's hands and helps you to stand,
And as it surrounds you, your heart starts to mend.

With every turn of the wind, and every setting of sun,
When the old becomes old and the new has begun,
When the right becomes wrong and the norm becomes strange,
Ready your guard, you're in for a change.

-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment