Thursday, December 31, 2009

Golden Apple


Finally, I got the chance to visit Ninang after all the failed meetings we set. Mang Carlos drove me to CdSP like what it was in high school. I saw the same people, some are new. I entered the gate by the help of Mang Roger. I waited very long before Ninang came down. I looked around the familiar surroundings where I couldn't believe that I wasn't there for a long time. Physically, there are a lot of changes in my old school, but I still get the warm welcome like what I always had before. The people were the same, treated me the same--not a stranger for a visit. I miss looking around, sitting as the December breeze drew against my face.Ninang arrived, and we seated in front of the Grade 2 room. I was with another guest, a friend of Ms. Santos. I couldn't imagine I could really relate to adult's conversations. I felt a little matured joining the talk. I actually informed them a lot, like I was really an adult. :)) grabeh! We talked about the current events and ofcourse, we talked about "me". Ms. Santos pressured the cooks to hurry our food. She said I was onlt there for the food. Ninya didn't show up because she was still in her pajamas...sleeping. Claire greeted me and asked how I was doing since I left the school. It was too shocking for her to ask such question, knowing that she's only five...and in kinder. She asked where Michelle is, and she told me that I should've brought her with me. Ms. Santos blamed me for not bringing Ms. Amanda Gonzales with me, she told me to keep her safe and extend her holiday greeting to her family. Going back to the conversation, we also talked about the changes regarding my batch mates...how are they doing, and who are they now. Ms. Santos mentioned about achievements, and I couldn't really share a lot about that since I don't have much of it.

She told me to do well on my studies and be a doctor as she remembered that I almost promised that to everyone in the town. Tita Rosie saw me, interviewed me about college, the comparisons, I couldn't imagine how I was back there in the school and how culture shocked I was in Manila. She hugged me and went to the kitchen to assist on the most awaited food. Ninang will go to SM Pampanga so I just stayed until after lunch. I dined with Mami Lola, Ninang Mz, the other guest. We ate Pancit fresh from Tuguegarao city, :)) that's how they call it. Plus, Ninang Mz made me a cheese sandwich and forced me too eat it. After I finished a plate of the pancit, she gave me another round of the pancit. I really ate A LOT, against my will. :)) I love ninang for always making me force to eat. I miss that, so much.

Ninag said, "nagbibigay ka pa ng regalo, eh ako ang may trabaho!" <--sobrang speechless ako. :)) Well, she gave me her gift...3 golden apples (very rare) and an envelope with CASH $$$ inside. woot! :)) meron nako pamasahe pauwi :)) She also said that, " mahirap ng magkamali ng regalo, ikaw nalang bumili ng gusto mo".I noticed the donation boxes where still there together with the excess Christmas Fundrive. I remebered that I was responsible for that Last School year, an project of the student council to help kids and make their Holidays happy. So much for the drama, I realized that they still continued what I started before. Really, thanks for them...the new SC's will help a lot.

Ms. Santos said that she's touched with what I said last night and she understood why I couldn't come to the reunion last night. She also asked when we could have a Alumni Homecoming. I said that our batch isn't that close unlike the other batches. Despite my negative response, she said that we are always welcome in CdSP. She warned me about using paputok as we talked "pasabog" in politics. I shared that last year, I got an accident with roman candles. The blow went out the other side towards me not in the usual pointing direction. Pabaliktad, then napaso ako. Not a major disaster, no damage skin, I just felt HOT, hotter than the usual me. :))

Before I left the school together with the people I love, i hugged and kissed Ninang Mz and hope to see her again soon. I may lost inspirations throughout the year...Now, I found another that I wouldn't lose. :)

As John Gay said, "We only part to meet again"

you people should start reading english dramas and poetry. Try reading John
Gay's, very inspiring :)

*Golden apples are the symbol for CHAOS in Greek Myth. Let's learn from chaos,
and refrain for having our own disasters ;)

*this is worth millions, it's my year ender post. This is how I started this year, and
this is how will I face TOMORROW. Happy New Year Everyone! :)

-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment