Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Everything's Bitter

Time I realize you're gone.
Time I noticed, time hasn't stopped since you left.
Time I move on.

So many things I always wanted to say, things I never did;
Figuring you'd always be there, whether I needed you or not.

Technically, I guess you're still here.
Technically, you never left.
You smile your simple smile,
And lie there.

I remebered those warm days...
when we giggle, laugh,
and enjoy the summer blush.

Three thousand, seven hundred and twelve miles away,
Yet, you're still on my mind.

Should I feel betrayed, hurt?
Should I hate you?
Or myself, and the things I never knew.

My passion is gone,
It died as you did.

You made your exit. And never looked back.

All those promises,
Those hopes,
Forgotten.
No,
Buried.

Like you.


-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment