Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I was two minutes—blind -_-

Well, nangyari to before ako pumasok sa college. Last badminton session na naming ito sa court sa Baliwag. As in todo-bigay na naman ako sa paglaro. I played with Trisha, together with flying meow meow (nurse naming na mukhang pusa) teamed with Lannibeth (yaya nila Abigail).

Actually, I felt too rusty in playing. Matagal na rin ako na hindi nakapaglaro. Nagulat na lang ako na maglalaro kami noong day na yun.

While playing doubles, I began to feel dizzy but ignored it several times to beat the opposing team.

Suddenly, my sight was getting vague and black sparks began to appear; I still ignored it for the sake of the game.

Then, there was it. I completely lost my sight. I couldn’t see anything, but I was still standing. I closed my eyes, and when I opened it…I still couldn’t see anything.

I didn’t call for help or any assistance. I just found my way to the bench, unaware of everything.

I manage to let myself sit on the bench successfully without seeing anything. Well, that was easy because it wasn’t that far. I rested my head on the wall while answering the questions the people around me asked.

I was crying because I couldn’t see anything. I got the whole staff worried sick. I regained my sight…after…I don’t know when.

I felt too tired, and my sister said I was in Hypoglycemial state. She bought me a drink (Gatorade dude), so I could recover from the stress. I didn’t play anymore because I was asked to be rested.

And therefore, I was two minutes blind.

LESSON LEARNED: eat before playing any sport. Make sure you don’t play with your computer if you know you’ll be exhausted later.



-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment