Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Of Goodbyes


I promised when you were in grade three,
I gift you would receive from me.
I gave my word in our practice for family day,
Time went by, as it losts its way.
I swore I'd give my precious thing to you,
But season changed, like people do.
The promise waited for six years,
Now it's time to shed some tears.
The vow I took forfor granted, and now I regret.
As my yoyo rise and fall,
I'll never let this moment pass without saying goodbye at all.
Our story wouldn't be like this poem that would end.
You're name is Kim, and in my heart, you are a friend.
You're soon leaving, and soon be gone,
Like this poem that would soon end and be done.
I never wrote poems with unending rhyme,
I did this in a short length of time.
Keep this item as a friendship memory,
Always remember, there's a "Sam Reyes" in your history.
Years from now, we'll soon meet again.
You're a grown-up, and I'm still studying.
Don't forget: No dream, no destiny.
Set aside optimism, and stick with reality.
I'm sorry, you don't have to worry.
Time is in a hurry,
And this I'll admit, I'll miss you awfully.
This will serve for you to remember,
I'll always wait in Autumn, September.
So long, farewell...
In Canada you'll soon dwell.
This message is from a dear friend,
As I ran out of words, and let this poem end.

-S.Reyes

* this poem is especially written for Kim Mercado.

No comments:

Post a Comment