Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Delivered Personally


Well, Ikee borrowed my Zoology handouts last Friday when we met and reserved each other for awhile.

She promised to return it on Monday when we have a chance to meet each other.

So then, Monday came. But still, no handouts. I was too worried because I needed the handouts badly for our quiz the next day. Not an ordinary quiz, but a practical exam in Zoology.

I kept looking for my notes before I left home. I couldn't find it and I remembered that I lended it to Ikee. I texted her a dozen, and received no single reply from her.

I felt irritated and kept flooding her phone with messages from " Sam Reyes ;)". Yeah, my name comes with a flirty smiley at the end of my name proper.

Now, I finished lunch and I was about to go to school for my Math and Zoo lec classes. I and my blockmates waited outside our room, waiting for the other class to finish. We were able to enter earlier than the usual setup.

I received a text from an unexpected person while waiting for our Math professor to arrive.

IKEE: San room ka ba?

sam: 318, nakakainis ka, hindi mo na binalik yung zoo ko. hmp.

Ikee: geh.bye. Uste nako.

sam: ibabalik mo pa ba??? nakakainis ka na talaga. my practical kami bukas!!!

ikee: akala ko ba maaga class mo? tae!?!!

sam: maaga kami na-dismissed kanina, next class ko na to. para namang wala kang sched ko! tae!?!

ikee:

There was no reply, i hated her. The next thing I knew was Faye was calling me saying, "Sam, anjan si Ikee sa labas...parang hinihintay ka."

SHOOOOOOSH! grabeh, i wasn't expecting na dadalin nya pa mismo sa labas ng room ko yung handouts. Ang sweet, but still not forgiven. Na-stress kasi ako masyado sa kakahanap. DUDE! as in, sooo stressed. Awfully stressed.

When I exited the classroom, I saw her leaning on the wall across my room. She was panting, gasping for oxygen. So, pagod siya. and mukhang tumakbo talaga para lang maabutan niya ako.

SHOOOOT! ang sweet. I mean, isntead na magalit pako ng lalo sa kanya, natuwa pako! why is it always like this?

She keeps doing the sweetest thing at the wrong time, but always in the right moment.

Maybe that is the special thing I saw in her before we became friends way back in Kindergarten.

Nag-pupunas pa siya ng pawis. I could see sweat pearls on top of her nose. Mukhang devastated siya, pagod na pagod. Mabigat pa pala ang bag na dala niya. awwww. natuwa na naman ako.

Binalik nya yung handouts ko, sabi nya:

"oh ayan na, ...."


"salamat."

then she smiled. nakakainis pa naman yung smile nya. It looks like ungenuine but heart warming.

Before I entered the room, she asked me where 's the easiest way to her room. Then i said the stairs near our room and I told her to text me if I was right about the stairs. So ngayon, mas mukhang mas alam ko pa papunta sa room nya.

How could I forget?

First Math class ko, I was late because she wanted to see me in my uniform and how was I doing at my first days in school. I'd been late for her, and I used the same staircase I directed to her now.

I entered the room and chatted with my blockmates, since I was relieved because of the handouts, i waited for her reply. Still, curious if I was right even though I know I was.

She didn't reply, and i knew why...

I was right. :)

-S.Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment